I’ve been refining my post shoot workflow process. Here is my new process
- Copy all images from SD Card to new folder on PC
- Split the photos in to sets based on changes in general pose or location
- Put each set into it’s own folder name Set01..Set99
- Starting with Set01 go into the folder and create a new folder called Blur
- View all the images in Set01 place any out of focus or blurred photos into the blur folder
- Open the remaining photos contained in Set01 in Photoshop.
- Once open in Photoshop minimize all photos.
- Starting with the oldest picture auto adjust levels
- Re size image so that the biggest dimension either height or width is 1000 pixels.
- Save image for web 100% in the format <photoshoot-name>_<Model-name>_<set-number>_<image-number>.jpg
- Save to dropbox folder <photoshoot-name>|<Model-name>
- Repeat for each set
- Review images in dropbox, mark all my favorites from the shoot.
- Making multiple passes trim down the number of favorites from all the sets. First to 40 favorite then 20 favorite then 10 and finally 5 favorite images.
- Reopen the original versions of my 5 favorite images in Photoshop.
- Correct and polish the images.
- Save a .psd version of the changes and post to portfolio.